Personnel & Employment
Human Resources Director
We want to thank you for visiting our website. The Appling County Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, physical handicap, religion, or age in employment practices or in admission to or participation in any educational programs or activities. Sexual harassment is an act of discrimination and is not tolerated. The Appling County Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment Application- Applicants are required to submit a complete online application and provide all of the necessary supporting documentation to apply for a position with Appling County Schools.
- If you are a new user, you will be required to register to create an account.
- If you have previously applied, or are already registered, you will simply log-in.
- Internal Applicants: Current employees (ACBOE district personnel) must submit a resume and cover letter to the principal of the school with the vacancy and are not required to submit an application online. For principal or district level administrative positions, interested district personnel must submit a resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department at the Appling County Board of Education. District personnel who are employed at 49% and choose to apply for open positions are not considered a lateral transfer and must submit a resume and cover letter as defined in the previous statements in this section. District personnel choosing to apply for an open position must express an interest within the timeframe that the position is advertised (typically within 10 days from the date of vacancy).
Personnel Data Sheet - If you are a new hire, please complete this form and return it to your school's data clerk on the first day of employment.
The goal of the Board of Education is to secure highly qualified employees needed to operate an effective and efficient school system. Because the Board seeks to employ or appoint the best persons available, the Board intends for the system to conduct effective recruitment and selection procedures based upon initiative, alertness to good candidates, and proper provisions.
Job announcements for certified employees are posted on our district web site, on the Teach Georgia web site, sent to other institutions as may be appropriate, and sent to local system and school administrators for posting on official bulletin boards.
The Appling County Board of Education will accept applications for employment for all posted /advertised positions, both certified and non-certified. Applications will be maintained for a period of two years.
Generic applications which do not indicate an open and advertised position may not be considered.
It is the policy of the Appling County Board of Education that the recruitment and selection of personnel be conducted in such a way as to ensure nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, or disability. The Appling County Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications must be completed in their entirety. Incomplete applications may be rejected.
Computers are available at the central office for potential applicants who need computer and/or internet access.
Criminal background investigations are required for final candidates applying for positions with the school system.
We're here to help! For questions regarding position qualifications or application procedures, please see the Frequently Asked Questions link below. You may also contact the Appling County Board of Education Human Resources office at (912) 367-8600, extension 120.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify. Appling County Board of Education is a registered participant in the federal work authorization program commonly known as E-Verify. Appling County Board of Education uses the program to verify employment eligibility of all new employees after the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) has been completed.
Identification Number : 620206
Date of Authorization: Nov. 28, 2012
- E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
- E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
- Right To Work Poster (English)
- Right To Work Poster (Spanish