If you live in Appling County and have a special needs child, I may be able to assist you and your family in many ways. Below are some of the areas:
- Pre-School Intervention Program (PIP)
- Family Support Services
- Waiver Services
- Medicaid/Katie Beckett Medicaid
- Social Security Disability
- Assist with locating Medical & Services Providers
- Coordinate/Locate Training for Parents of Special Needs Children
- Coordinate/Locate Medical Providers
- Helping Parents/Guardians understand: (1) Eligibility Process from Initial Eval or Reevaluation (2) Understanding the IEP for their child
- Helping Parents/Guardians understand the Transition Process from BCW to Post-Secondary
How can you reach me? My office is located at the Appling County Board of Education: 249 Blackshear Highway, Baxley, GA 31513. Our office hours are from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday during the regular academic school year. You may contact me by phone, email, or mail to schedule an appointment for me to assist you with locating training opportunities, services, or other resources and information for your special needs child.
Our school system has an excellent Special Education Program. My goal is to work together with families helping ensure their child(ren) receive the resources and support needed for them to achieve their full potential while reaching their life goals.