Appling County School System follows the implementation, security, and procedural guidelines for state testing as outlined in the Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) Student Assessment Handbook. Training is provided to School Test Coordinators on these guidelines for redelivery to staff members at their respective schools. This handbook is revised by the GaDOE on an annual basis.
- Georgia Kindergarten Inventory of Developing Skills (GKIDS)
- Georgia Kindergarten Inventory of Developing Skills Readiness Check (GKIDS Readiness Check)
- Georgia Milestones Assessment System (GMAS) – End of Grade (EOG) – Grades 3 -8
- Georgia Milestones Assessment System (GMAS) – End of Course (EOC) – Grade 9-12
- Georgia Alternate Assessment (GAA)
- ACCESS for English Language Learners (ELLs)
- Alternate ACCESS for English Language Learners (ELLs)
- National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
- Student Growth Measures
- Local Benchmark Assessments
Georgia Student Growth Model (GSGM)
The College and Career Ready Performance Index (CCRPI) is used by the Georgia Department of Education as a performance measure and provides information to assist districts and schools in promoting and improving college readiness for all students. CCRPI was first implemented in 2012 and included multiple measures of school performance. The 2018 redesigned CCRPI was developed to support the following goals:
- Increase achievement for all students
- Make progress in closing achievement gaps
- Increase literacy and numeracy
- Increase graduation rates
- Increase student college and career readiness.
This redesigned framework focuses on the five components of content mastery, progress, closing gaps, readiness, and graduation rate. The overall CCRPI is reported on a 0-100 point scale. For more information contact: Debra Lawrence, School Improvement Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org, 912-367-8600 Extension 125.