Appling County Schools will be a system of excellence for all learners.
We are committed to providing a quality education that promotes maximum individual achievement and social responsibility.
As a school system we believe that:
1. All individuals are valued and will be treated with dignity.
2. Quality education addresses individual needs and increases student achievement.
3. Effective teachers are the foundation of quality instruction.
4. High expectations, in an organized environment, are essential for optimal learning.
5. An emotionally and physically safe environment promotes learning.
6. A strong partnership among home, school, and community increases student achievement.
7. Well maintained facilities and equipment and the use of appropriate technology enhance the learning environment.
8. Modeling and teaching character values promote responsibility and citizenship.
9. Extracurricular activities promote school and community involvement and personal development.
10. A continuous process of improvement is based on research and best practices.
11. All students have the ability to learn and share responsibility for learning.
12. A variety of assessments will drive instructional decisions.
Board Member Conflict of Interest